Monday, June 21, 2010

Thanks, Mom.

I have been working to compile the stories of my on-line dating adventures since I began this journey. It took only about a month of my on-line profile membership to realize that this dating thing is pretty hilarious. I've been writing down my thoughts, and sharing stories with friends that leave us all with our sides aching from laughing so hard. Last weekend, I joked with my mom that these adventures would make a great blog.

Me: Yeah...on-line dating has been interesting, to say the least. I could probably write a whole blog about it.

Mom: Seriously, L.A.! You should do that! It would be hilarious!

Me: Mmmmm....Maybe I will (no arm twist necessary).

Mom: Are you going to just write about it on your other blog? What is it? The Willy Roster?

Me: No, Mom. My other blog is NOT named The Willy Roster. It's called Wiley Rooster.

Mom: Oh. Well what the heck is a wiley rooster any way?

Me: I don't know. It's just something random. It's a rooster named Wiley.

Mom: I don't get it.

Me. Me either.

Mom: Well... you could name the blog The Willy Roster.

My mom has no idea how hilarious she is. To her chagrin, I did not name the blog "The Willy Roster". So here it is, for your entertainment: My disastrous dating life.

*I have a lot of catching up to do, so dates and chronology will not be accurate.

2 comments:

  1. i hope my encouragement also played a role in the development of this blog - which i'm so stoked to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! My dear friend, Gale, was my artistic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete